Our number one concern is the safety of our dance families and staff. We are committed to adhering to all government guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety. Please check back often for the most up-to-date information about our COVID-19 planning and procedures.
COVID-19 Studio Safety Plan
- Perform symptom and temperature checks prior to bringing your child to the studio. Children with a temperature above 99°F (38°C) or experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- All parents are required to submit an online daily screening questionnaire on behalf of their dancer(s) prior to arriving at the studio.
- Only students and Dance City faculty and staff will be allowed inside the studio, aside from parents accompanying dancers aged 18 months to Toddler Tots. Parents will drop-off and pick-up at a designated door.
- NEW Students will be asked to wait outside the studio doors until they are welcomed inside the studio.
- NEW We strongly encourage that all students wear a mask when waiting outside and in the lobby. Students may also wear a mask in the classroom if desired, but it’s not required.
- Students, faculty and staff will sanitize their hands upon entering the studio, as well as before and after breaks.
- Dressing rooms will be closed, and dancers are only allowed to bring one SMALL shoe bag with them into the studio.
- Grip socks or dance shoes are required for in-studio participants, to be worn inside the studio only. Street shoes will be stored with your child’s personal items. At this time, bare feet are not allowed in the studio.
- Dancers should bring their own reusable water bottle from home, labeled with their name. Students must take water bottles home with them every day. Bottles left overnight will be disposed of.
- Groups are limited based on government regulations and studio size (Studios A and B over 1400 sq. ft. and Studio C over 2000 sq. ft.).
- To aid and ensure recommended physical distancing, each dancer will be provided:
- a designated, numbered and clearly marked square to dance in;
- a matching numbered marker at the barre; and
- a matching numbered marker for personal belongings.
- Staff will be frequently sanitizing high-touch areas and equipment, and cleaning will take place after each set of dancers.
- All Dance City faculty and staff will be tested for COVID-19 prior to resuming back to work and additionally as required.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not visit the studio.
Additional Safety Measures
- Signage inside and outside the studio regarding our COVID-19 procedures
- Extra hand sanitizer, tissues, soap and disposable hand towels made available
- All staff are following strict COVID-19 policies and procedures
- All staff are completing daily symptom and temperature checks for in-studio programs, including being tested regularly for COVID-19 as a preventative measure
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times
- Monitoring and educating students on hand washing and physical distancing to the greatest extent possible
- Students are required to bring their own water bottle and food, and no sharing of food or drink will be permitted
- Preparedness plan if a child or staff member becomes ill while at the studio
- Ongoing online programs for remote instruction
Note that these guidelines are subject to change pending updated guidelines/restrictions being provided by the Government of Canada and Government of Saskatchewan.
Check for COVID-19 Symptoms
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature equal to or over 99°F (38°C)
- Feeling feverish
- Fatigue or weakness
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Feeling very unwell
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19. Note that these symptoms, as reported by Health Canada, are subject to change.
If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not visit the studio.
If for any reason we are required to suspend our in-person classes, we are more prepared than ever to quickly switch to an online format. With our new state-of-the-art technology and months of lessons learned from online class delivery, we’ve designed an outstanding online experience that’s better than ever before.
Not sure where to start?
Get in touch and we’ll work with you to find the right class.