Competitive Dance Intensive
August 24 - August 28
Dance City’s Competitive Dance Intensive offers Dance City dancers the chance to be introduced to the classes they are registered in for the 2020/2021 dance season. The Intensive also offers an opportunity for new prospective dancers to trial our elite competitive program, train with our top-notch Dance Educators and be assessed in order to get started at our studio!
Prerequisites for dancers looking to register for this Intensive include:
- Dancers must be at least 8 years of age
- Previous dance experience is required, preferably in Ballet, Jazz and/or Tap
- Mandatory for all Dance City students in Grade 1 and up (as of the start of the 2020/2021 dance season)
The Competitive Dance Intensive includes the following:
- Classes will run from Monday to Friday
- Students will receive a one-hour class in each discipline they are registered in for the 2020/2021 dance season, with older students having multiple classes each day. For example, one-hour each of Ballet, Jazz and Tap.
- The Intensive is designed to teach students the material required for their exams in the 2020/2021 dance season.
- Students will be placed in classes according to the exams they are working towards.
- All students will be given breaks throughout the day.
- The schedule will remain the same for all five days.
Instructors: Dance City Dance Educators from our Competitive & Pre-Professional Programs