Customer Service & Administration Assistant
Dance City is growing! We’re seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a Customer Service & Administration Assistant.
Dance City is Saskatchewan’s premier dance studio that focuses on excellence in everything that it does. This accessible and professionally run studio has a top-notch, qualified faculty that genuinely cares about the success of each dancer. Dance City offers a variety of programs to suit the needs of dancers of all ages, abilities and desires and offers a friendly, inclusive and supportive atmosphere for its dancers and their families.
As the Customer Service & Administration Assistant for Dance City, you’ll be the first point of contact for hundreds of customers, responding quickly to all customer inquiries. As one of our most visible representatives, you’re our brand ambassador!
Your top-notch customer service will help us to foster happy and loyal customer relationships for years to come. The successful candidate must be available to work the following hours:
Hours of work
- Monday to Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Estimated hours per week: 33 hours
This position is paid a fixed monthly wage of $15.00 – $18.00 per hour based on knowledge and experience.
Tasks & Responsibilities
We are looking for a clever, creative, tech-savvy, smart-working, detail-orientated candidate with a strong ability to multi-task to join our team as the Customer Service & Administrative Assistant.
You’ll already be excellent and passionate about delivering outstanding customer service, are excited to work on administrative tasks and have a strong drive to provide an exceptional customer experience each and every time.
A day-in-the-life of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Manage the main studio email account
- Respond to customer emails and other business/personal emails as directed by management/owners
- Email response including customer and registration inquiries using strong, learned knowledge of Dance City’s services and products
- Confirm appointments with clients the day before via email
Organization and Administration
- Manage tasks in todoist (online organization and task management program)
- Daily follow-up of registration inquiries
- Contact current and past customers to encourage and facilitate class registration
- Create and manage documents in G-Suite (Google)
- Create PDF documents
- Create reports, forms, templates, etc. as required
- Process sales and inventory in Jackrabbit (Dance City’s customer portal)
- Manage an inventory of studio merchandise
- Maintain a clean and organized front-end office
- Complete daily cleaning duties to accommodate a large volume of studio traffic
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome clients at the front desk
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions on a timely basis and follow-up to ensure successful resolution
- Maintain records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage with customers
- Be 100% reliable when it comes to customer confidentiality
Extra Fun Opportunities
- Receive and handle of a beautiful assortment of costumes for our year-end recital and competitions
- Assist in decorating costumes, making hair pieces and assisting with prop painting (if you’re crafty and interested!)
- Assist with the planning and preparing of the most spectacular year-end showcase at the Conexus Arts Centre each June!
Ideal Candidate Profile
Our ideal candidate will be a mix of the following:
- Self-motivated and excellent at following directions. You know how to prioritize the most important tasks with minimal oversight and can think on your feet. You pride yourself in your ability to take direction and are driven to deliver the desired result.
- Excellent communication skills. You understand the nuances of email communication and can handle even the most challenging situations with professionalism and warmth. You’re committed to keeping your supervisor “in the know” about your progress.
- Excellent writing skills. You pride yourself on catching every typo!
- Deadline driven and detail-oriented. You love doing tasks on time and checking them off your to-do list! Responding to emails with a sense of urgency and care is a source of pride.
- Take responsibility for your actions. If you make a mistake, you take 100% responsibility and work quickly to remedy the situation.
- Empathetic. Imagining yourself in a customer’s shoes, you respond with empathy and have an ability to not take rude or demanding emails personally. You see yourself as the person between the company needs and customer needs. You know when it is appropriate to be friendly and accommodating and when to be firm.
- Self-identify as at least an 8 out of 10 for loving and understanding technology. You are familiar with and comfortable using Google Apps (Drive, Gmail, Calendar, etc.), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe PDF. Past experience with todoist, Mailchimp and/or Jackrabbit considered an asset, but training will be provided if required.
- Enjoy working in a small, fast-moving business that is dedicated to the art of dance education.
- Education and experience. You have your office education certificate or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications and/or work experience. You have a minimum of two years of previous customer service, reception and/or administrative experience to apply to this position. Previous experience in sales is considered an asset for this role.
Please note that this position requires the successful candidate to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Is this position for you?
If you feel like you’re the ideal candidate for this position we would love to hear more about you!
Please forward your resume, including three references, to:
- Dance City
- Attention: Nadine Selinger, Owner & Artistic Director
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.