We are very excited to introduce Dance City’s newest philanthropic endeavour, the Dancer’s Care Foundation. The goal of this Foundation is to provide deserving students with access to quality dance and fine arts education through awarding scholarships to those who may not be otherwise able to participate due to financial restrictions.
The Foundation is funded by a portion of the proceeds from Dance City’s special events throughout the year (e.g., Boo Bash, Christmas Spectacular, Movie Night and Spa Day) and, possibly in the future, donations from families that are interested in supporting the Foundation’s cause.
- Student must have taken class at Dance City for a minimum of 1 year
- Student must be 3 to 18 years of age
- Student’s family must require financial assistance
- Students who have an outstanding balance may be ineligible
Applications are now open!
Application Due Date: Friday, June 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Approved Application Parent/Guardian Notification: Friday, August 18, 2023
Applications will be confidential, and the parents/guardians of successful recipients will receive a confidential notification. Each application will be reviewed and scholarships granted on an individual basis. Submitting an application does not guarantee a scholarship. As limited funds are available for scholarships, selection will be given to the candidate who best demonstrates the requirements listed below.
- Complete and submit the Dancer’s Care Application Form by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 30, 2023. No late applications will be accepted or reviewed.
- To qualify for a scholarship, we require a full commitment to the class and/or program.
- Endorsement of the application by the studio owners will be based on evaluation of the student’s past participation, commitment, and performance.
- Evaluation criteria will be based on regular class attendance, proof of enthusiasm for dance, age appropriate maturity, evidence of aptitude for dance such as progress and positive behaviour during lessons and performances.
- As a respected and honoured member of the Dancer’s Care Scholarship program, you agree to practice proper behaviour and conduct in and outside of class. Failure to do so may result in loss of the scholarship.
- Scholarship students will be evaluated in every class throughout the duration of the session in class conduct, overall behaviour, attitude, performance, improvement, and attendance.
- Scholarship students that are eligible to be a part of our Teacher Mentorship Program may be asked to “volunteer” their student helper hours if additional funding is required. This will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Parents/guardians may be asked to provide volunteer services at Dance City throughout the season (e.g., rhinestoning).
- Complete and sign Dancer’s Care Scholarship Application Form prior to receiving any awarded scholarships.
Please note that exam fees, competition fees, costume fees, and dance class uniforms are the responsibility of the parent/guardian and are not included as part of the scholarship. Scholarship students are required to perform in all classes they participate in, including the Annual Recital and competitions (if applicable) as well as following the proper dress code for each class they participate in.
©2023 Dance City