Our acro classes focus on teaching our dancers to perform acrobatic tricks with strength, flexibility and technique in choreographed routines.
A combination of dance, limbering and floor tumbling, to emphasize strength, balance and flexibility. This class is highly recommended for the competitive and/or pre-professional jazz dancer. Classes run from September to June but do not participate in the year end recital or competition. The main purpose for this class is for continuous training and strengthening throughout the dance season. Students must be 6 years of age to participate in this class and enrolled in either Pre-Exam Combo or a competitive/pre-professional jazz class to participate. Students will be placed in a level based on the discretion of Dance City faculty. Acrobatic Arts Examinations are an option. New to acro? Contact the studio to discuss placement options.
Note: Tuition listed is the monthly payment amount and is subject to GST.
Dress Code: Girls
Shoes: Bare feet
Apparel: Leotard listed under Ballet dress code
Tights: Mondor #314 tights (convertible and rolled up)
Hair: Pulled off face in a bun
Dress Code: Boys
Shoes: Bare feet
Apparel: Black shorts and white fitted t-shirt or muscle shirt
10 Month Classes (September to June) Cancellation Policy
- A parent/guardian must complete a cancellation form provided by Dance City one month in advance of your child’s withdrawal from a class or classes.
- After this notification in writing, you are responsible for one additional month’s payment (i.e. if you submit cancellation form to Dance City on November 1st, you will pay for the November classes and your child will withdraw at the end of November) and the automatic monthly credit card charges will be canceled for subsequent months.
- The 7th of the month is the cut-off date to notify of withdrawal. Any notification after the 7th of a month will hold you responsible for that month’s payment and the following month’s payment (i.e. if you submit cancellation for to Dance City on November 8th you are still responsible for your November payment as well as your December payment even if it is your intention to withdraw your child(ren) at the end of November.)
- Cancellations are not accepted for any classes after March 1st, NO REFUNDS will be given for the remaining months.
- Registration fees and costume deposits are non-refundable.
©2022 Dance City